James Armstrong BSc, CET, EMBA
Project Manager, Shareholder
The engineering consulting industry is a fascinating area to work in for me. In the past few years I have specialized in preparing Reserve Fund Studies. This provides a great mixture of engineering and financial analysis. The best part of this process though is meeting Boards and owners and discussing options as every study is different. Serving on the Board at the Condominium where I live has given me a better perspective on how Condominiums operate too.
James is responsible for delivering outstanding customer service for reserve fund studies. He has been in the industry since 1990, and joined the Edison team in 2012. James is driven to improve Edison’s internal processes with the objective of improving our client’s experience.
In his spare time, James enjoys watching sport, playing golf, coaching soccer and gardening.
Key Areas of Expertise
Certified Engineering Technologist (CET) from OACETT
Member, Canadian Condominium Institute
Member, Association of Condominium Managers Ontario
Member, Canadian Condominium Institute Golden Horseshoe Chapter, Social Media & Marketing Committee
Selected Professional Experience
The Matrix | 361 and 373 Front Street, Toronto | 2014-2017 | Reserve Fund Studies | High Rise Residential Towers 643-Suites | TSCC1438
Skypark, Vista and Trillium | Bamburgh Circle, Scarborough | 2015-2017| Reserve Fund Studies | Residential Towers and Shared Facilities | MTCC634, 639 and 726
Metro Distribution Centre | Etobicoke | 2014 | Capital Plan | Distribution Warehouse 885,000 sq ft | Metro
South Service Road, Burlington | 2014 | Property Condition Assessment | Low Rise Commercial | Private Client
St Lawrence Village | St Catharines | 2014 | Property Condition Assessments on 7 Buildings | Residential | Private Client
- Bachelor of Science, University of Greenwich, 1990
- Executive MBA, Joint Wharton-Kellogg Programme, 2000
- Condo-in-Crisis: Handling Unexpected Major Repairs, CCI-London & Area, Summer 2016
- Reserve Fund Planning, Private Property Management Firms, Various
- Level 200 Director course fall 2015, Reserve Fund Studies and Performance Audits, CCI Golden Horseshoe
- Panel Moderator, CCI Golden Horseshoe Spring 2016 Annual Conference
- Level 200 Director course fall 2016, Physical Management, Kitchener and Hamilton, CCI Golden Horseshoe
- The Impact of a Low Interest Rate Environment on your Reserve Fund Study, LinkedIn, 2016