Jason Truman B.A.Sc., P.Eng.
Founder, Partner and Team Leader
The three great essentials to achieving anything worthwhile are:
Hard work, stick-to-itiveness, and common sense.
Jason is a creative, hard-working engineer with an entrepreneurial spirit. He started consulting independently in 2004 and founded Edison in 2008. Jason is a family descendent of the famous inventor and entrepreneur Thomas Edison, for whom the firm is named after. Jason believes that hard work, stick-to-itiveness, and common sense, are the hallmark characteristics of a trusted engineer and has made these characteristics the foundation of Edison’s approach.
Jason takes pride in helping educate, engage and empower his clients in their building repair projects. Leveraging over 20 years of construction and engineering experience he presents common sense solutions that are customized to his client’s objectives. Jason is known for developing long term relationships built on trust and reliability. He is rigorously educated, experienced, and committed to a Code of Ethics that puts client’s first. Jason helps the Edison Team provide clients with the insight and knowledge they need to implement informed strategies for their buildings.
Outside of work Jason spends time with his family. He plays hockey and golf, maintains a small portfolio of income properties, is an avid reader, and loves to learn through travel.
Key Areas of Expertise
Professional Engineers Ontario (PEO)
Ontario Building Envelope Council (OBEC)
Association of Condominium Managers Ontario (ACMO)
Canadian Condominium Institute (CCI) – Corporate
Selected Professional Experience
Metro Ontario | Over 75 Stores, Warehouses and Offices across Ontario | 2014-2017 | Roof Condition Assessments, Parking Lot Assessments, Roof and Parking Lot Replacements (Design and Construction Review), Water Leak Investigations
Kantara Apartments | 2375 & 2445 The College Way, Mississauga | 2011-2013 | Parking Garage Repairs, Slab Replacement | $3M | High Rise Residential
Springbank Apartments | 500 Springbank Drive, London | 2014-2016 | Balcony and Parking Garage Repairs | $1M | High Rise Residential | Realstar Management
Lynden Manor | 9 Bonheur Court, Brantford | 2014-2017 | Brick Façade Stabilization and Shelf Angle Repairs | $600k | High Rise Condominium
The Durand | 120 Duke Street, Hamilton | 2014-2015 | Window Replacement | $700k | High Rise Condominium
The Anchorage | 5280 Lakeshore Rd., Burlington | 2015-2017 | Window Wall System Replacement | $2.5M | High Rise Condominium
Shadow Creek | 1095 Skyview Dr., Burlington | 2016-2018 | Exterior Insulation and Finish System Repairs and Window and Door Replacement | $2.7M | Residential Homes
- Bachelor of Applied Science (Civil Engineering), University of Waterloo, 1998
- Canadian Institute of Mining & Metallurgy Undergraduate Scholarship
- Condo-in-Crisis: Handling Unexpected Major Repairs, CCI-Windsor-Essex, April 2017, and CCI-London & Area, February 2017
- Building Maintenance and Reserve Fund Planning, Private Property Management Firms, 2015-2017
- The Restoration Process, ACMO Mini Conference Burlington, Fall 2016
- Condo-in-Crisis: Handling Unexpected Major Repairs, ACMO/CCI-Toronto Conference, November 2016
- The Restoration Process, Private Property Management Firms, several times 2015-2017
- Q&A Reserve Fund Studies, Condo News, May 2017 (with James Armstrong)
- Climate Change is Coming to Ontario: Is Your Building Ready? Linked In Article and REIC Magazine (with Joe McGowan)
- How to Successfully Manage Building Repair Projects: 4 Step Process, REIC Magazine, April 2017 (with Stefan Nespoli)
- Know Thy Documents: How to Avoid Common Element Repair Disputes, CCI-Windsor-Essex, London&Area, Summer 2017 (with Stefan Nespoli&Stephanie Sutherland, LLB)Interest&Inflation Trends Affecting Your Reserve Fund, Condo News, September 2015 (with James Armstong)
- Controlling Excessive Condensation on Windows, CCI-Windsor-Essex, Winter 2016 and CCI-London&Area, November 2015 (with Stefan Nespoli)
- Repairs&Maintenance: Asphalt Pavements, CCI-Windsor-Essex, Spring 2015 (with Stefan Nespoli)